The Catch the Ace Lottery – Rotary of KW is a joint project of the 5 Rotary Clubs in Kitchener and Waterloo. The lottery license holder is the Kitchener Conestoga Rotary Club - Community Aid Fund.
- Ticket purchasers must be 18 years or older to enter the Catch the Ace Lottery – Rotary of KW (the “CTA Lottery”).
- Ticket purchasers must be located in Ontario at the time of purchase.
- The following persons are prohibited from purchasing tickets in the CTA Lottery:
- members of the Board of Directors of the Kitchener-Conestoga Rotary Club Community Aid Fund (the “Board”);
- members of the Board’s operating committee for the CTA Lottery
- members of the same household of each of the above.
- Tickets can be purchased online at catchtheacekw.ca.
- Tickets are available for purchase beginning at 11:00 a.m. each Thursday, following the previous weekly draw.
- Ticket prices are 3 for $5, 10 for $10 and 60 for $20.
- Ticket purchasers select a number from the remaining numbers available at the time of purchase. Each number is associated with a unique hidden card from a standard 52 card deck. The number of cards available for selection begins with 52 and decreases by one each week when the card associated with the Weekly Prize winner’s ticket reveals a playing card other than the Ace of Spades.
- Each purchaser selects a single number. That number is associated with all tickets included in the ticket order. Multiple numbers may not be selected within a single ticket order.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets available.
- All tickets are delivered via email. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to ensure that they receive their tickets. Purchasers do not need their tickets in hand to be included in a draw. If you do not receive your ticket(s), please contact customer service by email at email@example.com.
Draws, Prizes and Winners
- Ticket sales conclude each Wednesday at 11:59 p.m., at which time all qualified tickets are confirmed. Refer to Schedule A for a detailed list of draw dates.
- A single ticket number will be selected each week by a Random Number Generator (RNG) program from all ticket numbers sold during the week leading up to the draw. The draw is conducted electronically at approximately 10:00 a.m. each Thursday.
- Each weekly draw winner receives a single cash prize equal to 20 percent of all ticket sales collected during the weekly draw. For Lottery Weeks 1 ,2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 the minimum cash prize is guaranteed to be $500. Following the ticket selection, the playing card associated with the winning ticket order is revealed.
- If the numbered playing card associated with the winning ticket represents the Ace of Spades, the weekly draw winner receives the Catch the Ace Progressive Jackpot, consisting of 30 percent of all ticket sales collected over all previous weeks. The CTA Lottery is then concluded.
- If the playing card associated with the winning draw ticket is associated with any playing card other than the Ace of Spades, 30 percent of the ticket sales from the weekly draw is added to the Progressive Jackpot. All tickets from the weekly draw are then voided and ticket sales commence for the next weekly draw at the time designated above.
- The winning ticket number will be posted to catchtheacekw.ca following each weekly draw, along with the weekly prize amount and the playing card associated with the winning ticket. Winners will also be contacted by phone or notified by email.
- Ticket holders do not have to be present at a draw in order to win or to claim their prize.
- Prizes will be secured for a period of six (6) months following each weekly draw. Unclaimed prizes will be reported to, and a charitable allocation will be approved by, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- The winner must provide photo identification verifying their full name, address and date of birth upon claiming their prize.
- By purchasing a ticket in the CTA Lottery, the purchaser acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agreed to these rules. All inquiries regarding the conduct, chance of winning, prizing or lottery procedures are to be made prior to the purchase of a ticket by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All ticket orders will be processed and fulfilled using the Ascend Fundraising Solutions raffle management system. In the event of any discrepancy, the records of Ascend Fundraising Solutions shall be deemed correct and final. Kitchener-Conestoga Rotary Club Community Aid Fund (the “Licensee”) is responsible for the conduct and management of the CTA Lottery. The liability of the Licensee shall be limited to the purchase price of the ticket.
By claiming a prize, winner consents to the use of their likeness/photograph, first and last name, ticket number, city/town of residence and any audio/video recording (or written transcription) of the winner notification telephone/video call, for any publicity purposes by the Licensee.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1-888-230-3505)
GOOD LUCK in this week's draw and THANK YOU for supporting Rotary of KW.